… a couple of days late. Ah well. Happy belated Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadians!
What was I thankful for?
1) The long weekend – seriously needed a rest
2) Having a great meal with my family
3) Being able to ‘use up’ the odd yarn blanks in the dyeing cupboard
Woo… it’s a special sneak update of a dyeing weekend!!!
Just 2 this time but I tried a different technique and like the results a lot:
First – bfl high twist in mermaid’s deep: A mix of teal, royal blue and spruce.
Second- crazy eight (sport weight) in harvest festival: A mix of aztec gold, emerald-ish green and purple.
4) Finally finishing my colourwork socks.
CO: August 6, 2011
BO: October 10, 2011
Yarn: Tosh Sock in green with envy and flour sack
Pattern: Butterflies are free by RoseHiver
Comments: Loved the pattern, love the finished socks. Had SSS really bad with these though.
5) Last, but certainly not least is Katie. Who is always willing to lend a paw when needed…
… see how focused she was on helping me display my new yarn? lol